Monday, March 2, 2015

The Chair

The chair was a garage sale reject that was not bought.  It sat at the corner with a sign on it, "Free."  
It was wooden.  It had a tray that came over from the back to the front and rested on the arms of the chair.  It had scratches in the wood, it looked well used.

I loaded the chair up and took it to my daughters house, Dexter's Aunt Addie.
The chair will be good for Dexter, my youngest grandchild  sit in the chair when we have family dinners at her house.

Dexter sat in the chair a couple of times.  He was not fond of it.  He did not like the tray.  It took him no time at all to figure out how to move the tray from the front to the back, allowing him to have the chair up to the table like a big boy! Sitting at the table in the chair didn't last very long.  Dexter rejected the chair and it ended up in the garage.

When I went to Adrianne's house I would look at the chair.  I wondered how many  little bottoms had been plopped in the chair when it was time for a snack, meal time, or just to sit and watch someone making dinner while playing with a toy.

I told Adrianne maybe if I painted the chair Dexter would like it better.  I brought the chair home and put it in my garage. The chair sat in my garage for several weeks.

One day I decided it was time to paint the chair.
Maybe blue or white?
Paint his name on it, or "Time to Eat", "Chow Time", "I'm Hungry', or "Feed Me"?

I began to think about Dexter.  What did he like?  What was his favorite thing to play with?  What was his favorite show on The Disney Channel?  Each question had the same answer.  Mickey Mouse.

Dexter and I play with his Mickey Mouse toys.  We watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We dance The Hot Dog Dance together.  He LOVES Mickey Mouse.  I LOVE Dexter.

I knew how to paint the chair!

As I painted the chair I felt my love for Dexter.  I infused my love for Dexter in the chair.

Dexter loves his "new" love infused chair.  I HAD to add Mickey Mouse Ears! Also remove the tray.  Dexter is a "big boy"



 Infuse love in you life and in your actions!!!!!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

True